Post the abortion complete recovery is important. The guidelines are -
- Have sex only 2 weeks after post the procedure to avoid the onset of an infection.
- Take a pregnancy test to confirm if the procedure has been a success. The test should be taken about 4 weeks post the procedure.
- Contraception should be used immediately after the procedure.
- Wait a day post the treatment and then take a bath, primarily because you may still be a bit dizzy and weak from the medicine that was given to you for the procedure.
- Tampons should be used only 4 weeks post the procedure.